To serve Iowans through the responsible regulation and profitable distribution of alcohol while providing opportunities for industry development and promoting health through education.
Since the repeal of Prohibition in 1933, Iowa is one of 17 states that directly controls the sale and distribution of alcoholic beverages. The Alcoholic Beverages Division (Division) enforces state and federal laws and regulations related to the sale and use of alcohol and tobacco products.
The Division generates significant revenue for state and local governments. Funds are generated by the direct sale of alcohol, license fees, civil penalties and excise tax of beer and wine. These revenues are transferred to public treasuries to support city, county and state programs. Funds are used for substance abuse training programs, county and city level programs and to support Iowa beer and wine promotion.
Apply or search for a license.
- Press Release: Iowa Liquor Administrators File Updated Rules for Tasting, Sampling and Trade Spending
- Growler Notification for 7-1-15
- Press Release: New Iowa Beer Growler Law Takes Effect July 1
- Letter to Local Authorities Regarding New Tobacco, Alternative Nicotine and Vapor Permit Application
Visit our shopping site
Now available on a device near you!
Public: See all available products offered in Iowa
Class "E" Licensees:
- See product images and current pricing
- View history and reorder from past orders
- Receive invoices electronically
- Manage your account online