St. Patrick's Day Safety
The Iowa Governor’s Traffic Safety Bureau and the Iowa ABD would like to invite you to join us in promoting traffic safety. Nearly 23 percent of traffic fatalities last year in Iowa were attributed to drivers impaired on alcohol or other drugs.
Impaired driving crashes are preventable. Great concepts such as Designated Drivers and Call a Cab programs are innovative approaches to solving this nationwide tragedy. Remember that it is illegal to text while driving. Please help in our quest to protect all Iowans from impaired drivers during the upcoming St. Patrick's Day festivities.
Don’t forget: drive sober or get pulled over and buzzed driving is drunk driving. More information such as printed materials and DVDs are available. Visit IowaGTSB.org or these other impaired driving information websites: NHTSA.gov, TrafficSafetyMarketing.gov and StopDruggedDriving.org.
Download a printer-friendly version of the "A Sobering Fact" graphic.
View a comprehensive cost analysis of Operating While under the Influence (OWI).
Read an outline of the legal penalties for OWI.
- Growler Notification for 7-1-15
- Press Release: Iowa ABD's Larson to Chair National Alcohol Control Association
- May, 2015 Iowa Liquor Quarterly Magazine
- Letter to Local Authorities Regarding New Tobacco, Alternative Nicotine and Vapor Permit Application
- Press Release: Eubank joins Alcoholic Beverages Commission