St. Patrick's Day Safety
The Iowa Governor’s Traffic Safety Bureau and the Iowa ABD would like to invite you to join us in promoting traffic safety. Nearly 23 percent of traffic fatalities last year in Iowa were attributed to drivers impaired on alcohol or other drugs.
Impaired driving crashes are preventable. Great concepts such as Designated Drivers and Call a Cab programs are innovative approaches to solving this nationwide tragedy. Remember that it is illegal to text while driving. Please help in our quest to protect all Iowans from impaired drivers during the upcoming St. Patrick's Day festivities.
Don’t forget: drive sober or get pulled over and buzzed driving is drunk driving. More information such as printed materials and DVDs are available. Visit IowaGTSB.org or these other impaired driving information websites: NHTSA.gov, TrafficSafetyMarketing.gov and StopDruggedDriving.org.
Download a printer-friendly version of the "A Sobering Fact" graphic.
View a comprehensive cost analysis of Operating While under the Influence (OWI).
Read an outline of the legal penalties for OWI.
- RELEASE: Cheers to 80 Years
- RELEASE: Time to Renew I-PACT Certification
- RELEASE: NCSLA Announces 2014 Regional Conferences
- Legislative Update
- Legally Speaking: Criminal History Matters
- Micro Distillery Industry Analysis
- Feburary Iowa Liquor Quarterly
- Transportation Logistics Assessment
- I-PACT Alcohol Compliance Training
- Iowa's Alcoholic Beverage Laws & You