Iowa's Alcoholic Beverage Laws & YouThe manual Iowa's Alcoholic Beverages Laws and You was developed to provide licensees, and their employees and agents, with the information needed to protect the welfare and safety of Iowans through compliance with laws addressing the manufacture, distribution and sale of alcoholic beverages.
Download Iowa's Alcoholic Beverages Laws and You (4mb PDF)
Iowa Liquor Quarterly Magazine
The Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division publishes a magazine in February, May, August and November that features a wholesale pricelist of the Division's products, as well as editorial content documenting current events and issues pertinent to Iowa licensees. Articles include a letter from Iowa ABD Administrator Lynn Walding, a feature story on a unique Iowa establishment, a profile of an ABD staff member and an article explaining various regulatory issues. Email the Division for a free subscription to the magazine.
Monthly Pricing Information
The Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division publishes a price book with wholesale liquor prices, a newsletter and a list of temporary price reductions each month. Visit our Pricing page for more information.
A Study of Iowa’s Liquor Wholesale System
Stakeholders and policy makers periodically question the Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division (ABD) regarding the financial and regulatory effects of the state being involved in the liquor wholesale business. The primary question generally centers on whether Iowa would be better off financially to “sell off” the liquor business and turn the system over to privately-owned liquor wholesalers.
This study shows statistics regarding Iowa’s direct role in liquor wholesaling. Download a PDF of the study
Privatization of Retail Liquor Sales in Iowa
Study done in 1999 reviewing the privatization of retail liquor store in Iowa in 1987. Download the PDF.
- Press Release: Iowa Liquor Administrators File Updated Rules for Tasting, Sampling and Trade Spending
- Growler Notification for 7-1-15
- Press Release: New Iowa Beer Growler Law Takes Effect July 1
- Press Release: Iowa ABD's Larson to Chair National Alcohol Control Association
- May, 2015 Iowa Liquor Quarterly Magazine
- Letter to Local Authorities Regarding New Tobacco, Alternative Nicotine and Vapor Permit Application
- Press Release: Eubank joins Alcoholic Beverages Commission