Wine Direct Shipping
A Wine Carrier’s License is required for the direct shipment of wine. Wine directly shipped into Iowa may only be delivered by a licensed carrier. Currently, Federal Express Ground and Express, UPS and Integrity Express Logistics are the only licensed carriers in the state.
Wine carriers are required to maintain records of wine shipped including the license number and name of the wine manufacturer, quantity of wine shipped, recipient’s name and address, and an electronic or paper form of signature from the recipient of the wine. Shipment records are to be submitted to the division monthly.
Direct Wine Shipper and Wine Carrier Licenses are subject to administrative sanctions for violations. Sanctions include civil penalties, as well as license suspensions and revocations.
Common Carrier Shipments Report (Excel)
- Order & Delivery Schedule Change Week of June 17
- July Route & Policy Changes
- RELEASE: Governor Appoints Wilson Alcoholic Beverages Commissioner
- Legally Speaking: Key to Compliance
- Legislative Update
- Transportation Logistics Assessment
- I-PACT Alcohol Compliance Training
- Iowa's Alcoholic Beverage Laws & You