Wine Direct Shipping
A Wine Carrier’s License is required for the direct shipment of wine. Wine directly shipped into Iowa may only be delivered by a licensed carrier. Currently, Federal Express Ground and Express, UPS and Integrity Express Logistics are the only licensed carriers in the state.
Wine carriers are required to maintain records of wine shipped including the license number and name of the wine manufacturer, quantity of wine shipped, recipient’s name and address, and an electronic or paper form of signature from the recipient of the wine. Shipment records are to be submitted to the division twice a year (January & July).
Direct Wine Shipper and Wine Carrier Licenses are subject to administrative sanctions for violations. Sanctions include civil penalties, as well as license suspensions and revocations.
Common Carrier Shipments Report (Excel)
- Press Release: New Rules on Alcohol Tasting, Sampling and Trade Spending
- New Rules on Alcohol Tasting, Sampling and Trade Spending
- Press Release: Iowa ABD: Fiscal Year 2015 a Record Year of Sales
- Holiday Safety
- Press Release: Iowa Liquor Administrators File Updated Rules for Tasting, Sampling and Trade Spending
- Growler Notification for 7-1-15