Tobacco permits in Iowa are issued locally by city clerks and county auditors. Establishments within a city's limits may apply for a tobacco permit with the city clerk, while those businesses located in unincorporated areas may apply for a tobacco permit with the county auditor.
Download a retail cigarette permit application (PDF)
Please note that completed applications must be returned locally.
For questions regarding tobacco permits, tax stamps and the illegal importation of tobacco, please contact Dawn Johnson at the Iowa Department of Revenue at 515.281.8023.
- RELEASE: Cheers to 80 Years
- RELEASE: Time to Renew I-PACT Certification
- RELEASE: NCSLA Announces 2014 Regional Conferences
- Legislative Update
- Legally Speaking: Criminal History Matters
- Micro Distillery Industry Analysis
- Feburary Iowa Liquor Quarterly
- Transportation Logistics Assessment
- I-PACT Alcohol Compliance Training
- Iowa's Alcoholic Beverage Laws & You